Out of stock | Item Code: G1080G
This is a replica of a flintlock rifle from 1807, the flintlock rifles had the blistering of a flint or flint stone, which when the hammer was triggered, it produced the spark that ignited the gun powder. These types of weapons required the manual recharge of their ammunition after each shot. The rifles could be more precise than the pistols and gave a longer effective reach. However, the sequence of loading and firing was complex, so during the training recruits were required to repeat these movements until they could be performed instinctively amidst the tension and confusion of combat. In theory, a well-trained soldier could shoot five times per minute, but in normal combat it was a rate of two or three shots per minute or less if the confrontation lasted.
- Width: 100 cm
- Material: metal, wood
- Weight: 2.00kg